For the last 2,000 years the Church has striven to complete the Great Commission. But it still remains unfinished to this day. With explosive population growth, the church has to pick up the pace.
The Billion Soul Global Prayer Task Force, commissioned by world leaders from the annual Global Church Linking Forum, is leading a global effort to challenge the Global Church to collectively pray at least one billion prayer minutes for the unreached peoples of the world. The overarching purpose is to bring awareness, aim and action toward praying for the salvation of the lost and for the fulfillment of the Great Commission.
P. Douglas Small, a key Task Force leader, is President/Founder of Alive Ministries: PROJECT PRAY and Billion Soul Co-Chair/Global Prayer Movements. His ministry began as an outreach to churches and evolved to reach across denominational lines and touch whole cities. In addition to Alive Ministries activities, Doug currently serves as the International Liaison for Prayer Ministries in the office of the General Overseer of the Church of God.
Join with PROJECT PRAY to pray for a Global Harvest:
- Connect with these prayer calls – 641-715-3580 Access Code: 466086
- First Wednesday of each month – 12:30pm EST
- Each Saturday night – 9:00pm EST
- Commit to pray personally, with others and as a church. Sign-up at billion.tv>
- Personal: Commit To Pray For At Least 10 Minutes Each Week
- Partner: Commit To Pray With Others For 10 Minutes Each Week
- Pastor: Commit To Pray With Your Church For 10 Minutes Each Quarter
- Dedicate the last Sunday of October each year to Global Prayer for Unreached Peoples. Download resources at billion.tv>
- Learn more about Unreached People Groups at joshuaproject.net>
Download these resources to pray for Unreached Peoples on a monthly basis:
Pray for each of these Regions of the World throughout the year:
Pray to FINISH the Great Commission with these six objectives, their goals and commitments as follows:
To FINISH the Great Commission, we must FIND the lost and disenfranchised, including the unreached people groups around the world, engaging them in love and winning them to Christ.
“Go and make disciples of all nations” (Matthew 28:19 NIV).
- Experience globally 100,000,000 spiritual conversions annually.
- Connect globally with 1,000 of the 6,980 Unreached People Groups located in the 10/40 Window and elsewhere by 2020.
- Advance total church membership through conversion growth by 10 percent globally.
To FINISH the Great Commission, we must INTERCEDE, making prayer and worship the highest privilege and greatest responsibility of every believer.
“Whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive” (Matthew 21:22 KJV).
- Commit globally to 6,000,000 hours of prayer annually for the FINISH Commitment.
- Recruit globally 1,000,000 prayer partners, providing prayer 24/7.
- Implement an intentional FINISH Prayer/Fasting Initiative annually in each local church, state, region, and area of the world.
To FINISH the Great Commission, we must NETWORK servant leaders of all generations, including pastors, ministers, and laity for shared ministry engagement.
“We are laborers together with God” (1 Corinthians 3:9 KJV).
- Celebrate and grow Kingdom partnerships with benevolent, communication, and relief agencies, as well as other ministries of mission and evangelism around the world.
- Connect 1,000 participants annually with higher education learning opportunities, focusing on specialized ministry engagement (theology, pastoral, church planting, evangelism, discipleship, worship, leadership, etc.)
- Reaffirm and resource district leadership participation for the shared purpose of prayer prioritization, vision implementation, and church planting initiation.
To FINISH the Great Commission, we must INVEST our resources by strengthening the Church through strategic partnerships for care, church planting, education, leadership development, and discipleship.
“Equipping the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ” (Ephesians 4:12 NKJV).
- Focus resources to assist in planting 10,000 churches globally and 1,000 churches in the USA by 2020.
- Identify, integrate, and advance 1,500 next-generation men and women leaders globally each year for active ministry in the Church of God.
- Embrace the calling of the Evangelist, promoting an active role in the Church for the shared purpose of soul winning, spiritual renewal, and revitalization.
To FINISH the Great Commission, we must SEND disciples to all nations, actively sharing the gospel through Holy Spirit empowerment.
“As the Father has sent me, I am sending YOU” (John 20:21 NIV).
- Actualize the Great Commission by the adoption of a missions area, missionary, or missions project by local churches and every state/region.
- Commit to reach the 50 U.S. capitals and other major cities of North America and the nations with specific awareness of the various demographic constructs through participation in City Vision.
- Utilize all communication mediums to resource all global pastors and leaders—full time and bi-vocational—for enrichment, idea exchange, and interaction to reach the world with the gospel.
As a vibrant movement, the CHURCH OF GOD must commit NOW to reap a world HARVEST with a global church focus on the Great Commission Finish.
“The time has come for you to reap…the harvest” (Revelation 14:15).
- Resource Scripture translation in multiple languages while initializing the placement of 250,000 Bibles by 2020.
- Engage the opportunity of the 4/14 Window by investing time, prayer, and resources in the Student and Children Harvest, as well as engaging them as partners in evangelism, ministry, and mission.
- Launch the FINISH GLOBAL MEDIA NETWORK (FGMN) providing daily one hour online Christian programming expanding to 24/7 resourcing by 2020.